Thursday 28 August 2008

Going Musicals Crazy Part IV: Cats



I like cats, and this musical is the first non-movie type musical I've seen. It's the closest I've gotten to any real, on-stage performance.

It is filmed, but the performance is almost like what you would see in a musical theatre. It's all songs, no talk, and I love the dances.

My favourite songs would be "Rum Tum Tugger" [sang by my fave cat, Rum Tum Tugger], "Macavity" and "Memory".


Elaine Paige did a superb job singing "Memory", I cry everytime when she reaches this verse:
Touch me
It's so easy to leave me
All alone with the memory
Of my days in the sun
If you touch me
You'll understand what happiness is
Look
A new day has begun 
 I absolutely adore Cats, and I give it a perfect 10!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © TwoSiaoChabos