Sunday 28 November 2010

Swim away my nostalgia

I'mma wanna lose weight. But I'm not gonna diet or jog/run.

The only activites I enjoy are swimming and cycling.

I like swimming because when I sweat I don't know that I'm sweating (this thought also puts into perspective how many ppm sweat particles are there in a pool). And it's cooling.

I like cycling because I exercise while I'm still sitting on my fat ass. C'mon, isn't that bonus or wut?

I enjoyed both these sports when I was in UKM, there were bike rentals available and there was a meh golf resort inside the uni, which has a pool too.

So I still managed to exercise in uni. But now since I've started my work, I haven't been moving at all and I'm getting epically fatter than I've ever been.

Then I decided. I MUST START MOVING. I hate jogging coz it makes me sweat and I feel like a whale on land. I don't mind aerobic exercises but hey, let's face it, without an instructor I'm never gonna move. So, sticking to the 2 things I like the best would be the most ideal solution.

BUT. I ain't got a bike. House is too small to keep a bike. So, I went shopping for a swimsuit (thank god there's still a size for me) and goggles (lost my old one. speedo one leh!! so sakit hati) and went scouting for pools.

I knew there was a pool in Tun Aminah (the nearest one to my location, if I were to go swimming on a working day before work) but there's been a lot of talk about how nasty the pool is.

After scouting for a pool in Taman U with CK today, I just googled swimming pools in johor. It's a miracle that I found ANY info about this pool at all, but lucky for me I kept trying. And found an article about the pool and here's an extract from it.

Untuk makluman, kerja-kerja penyelenggaraan dan baikpulih telah disiapkan pada 1 Jun 2010. Kompleks Rekreasi (Kolam Renang) Taman Ungku Tun Aminah telah dibuka kepada orang awam dan diuruskan sendiri oleh pihak MPJBT. Kompleks tersebut beroperasi bermula jam 9.00 Pagi hingga 9.00 malam dan bayaran masuk untuk dewasa ialah RM5.00 dan kanak-kanak bawah 12 tahun dikenakan bayaran sebanyak RM3.00. Manakala bagi pas bulanan bagi dewasa sebanyak RM60.00 dan kanak-kanak bawah 12 tahun sebanyak RM30.00.

 So... The pool is newly renovated AND it's near, AND it's cheap! Tomorrow I'll be checking it out. w00t!

~~~

So today CK and I deviated from my orignal destination and went to 大嘴巴 for K-session. And boy oh boy, did we get nostalgic or what.

Here are the list of songs we sang.

























0 comments:

 
Copyright © TwoSiaoChabos