Monday 10 September 2007

Chicago.

It's good, isn't it?
Grand, isn't it?
Great, isn't it?
Swell, isn't it?
Fun, isn't it?
But nothing stays
In fifty years or so
It's gonna change you know
But oh it's heaven, Nowadays

Recently I found that the song "All That Jazz" from the movie remake of the longest running revival musical in Broadway, Chicago, has been playing itself over and over again in my head. I don't know the whole, but the tune and the line, "And all that jazz" keep going on and on and I was seriously affected. So I searched for the song in esnips and voila! I found it!!! Along with all other Chicago songs. Then I youtubed it, and I found old footages of the original ladies who played Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart.

From my early teenage years, I've watched Cats the musical, and it has begun an interest in me for musicals. If I have the chance, I'd definitely like to watch musicals at London's West End and also NY's Broadway... Especially Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Oliver!, and also Chicago...

But until then, let me share with you one of my favourite tunes from Chicago.

It's taken from the scene towards the end of the movie, it's a part of "Nowadays" and the routine called "Hot Honey Rag". You HAVE to watch the dance for it, it's wicked!!!

This is the song...
Get this widget | Share | Track details

And this is the scene from the movie




This is the original Broadway version of it starring Chita Rivera as Velma Kelly [Catherine Zeta-Jones's role in the movie] and Gwen Verdon as Roxie Hart [Renee Zellweger's role].


This is another version of it, more recent, but still great nonetheless...


By the way, the movie's version of the dance has been changed. If you watched the other Broadway versions of the dance, you'd be able to enjoy the full length, original. :)


P/S: I am missing coz I've been mugging and watching Chicago and listening to the songs... Hehe...

0 comments:

 
Copyright © TwoSiaoChabos