Tuesday 10 March 2009

Lab Day

What do you do with a person who's been nothing but nice to you, but makes you wanna rip you hair out everytime you work with them?

I've been compelled to share my things with another girl who's doing her master's research, because we're using the same equipment. It's ok when people share my things. But it's not ok when they don't put the things back where they found them.

Long story short, I have this little stack of 2.2cm X 1.0cm filter papers* kept in a small glass bottle. We're supposed to use forcep to pick up the filter papers when we wanna use them. There's a hole at the end of each piece, to be hooked on a sensor. So as to facilitate myself, I've put the hole side downwards [it's a bottle so small that it allows the filter paper to stand on one end] and the forcep side upwards. So when I kiap it with forcep, I can straightaway hang it on the hook liao, no need to turn here turn there.

MCB this girl dono what she do, twice oredi I found the filter paper(s) hole-side up. First time when I sms-ed and asked her if she took the filter paper and put it back in, she said she didn't put the used ones back in. OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT MY SMS MEANT. So fine, I let it go, dowan to make things ugly and all. The SECOND time this happens, I sms her a sibeh long message explaining why I placed my filter paper this way and that and blablablablabla and left smileys everywhere in the sms so she won't feel under attack. And I told myself, THAT'S IT. I might as well get her a new bottle, labelled with her name and all, write her instructions on how to cut the filter paper and leave it at that. Again, I had to dot the whole document with smileys so she won't think I'm pissed at her or something.

Someone else screw up my things [that I susah-susah prepared] and I have to wipe her ass for her. WADAFAAAAAAAAK.

Currently I'm in the lab, using wordpad to type this, as the lab desktop didn't have Microsoft Office installed and I can't access the internet with this piece of junk. Which is NOT a good thing. Coz I'll end up bringing my laptop here to the lab [which I didn't do today] and go to the other room to connect to the wireless that only works in that room, and end up getting very little done on this side. If this pc has internet access, then I can surf the net AND get my work done at the same time. PERFECT IDEA OR NOT!? [Shit the mouse doesn't even have a scroller on it. Fuck my life.]

I'm a bit miffed [very miffed actually] about people using my things without my permission... Especially when they don't put it back to the exact spot where they found it after they use it. Seriously if they were gonna use things without asking me, why not make it that I won't even know they've used it? Then they won't be found out and won't get screwed upside down by me mar. But they so fucking stupid. Use liao then put it at their stations. Of course I'll know who took what la. Then kena diao la. Even tho those things are not MINE per se [they belong to the lab, actually] but limpeh is the one who asked from the lab assistants lo, limpeh is the one who found all those unwanted squirt bottles for my own use lo, limpeh is the one who searched high and low for those beakers lo. So when these mofos decide to just take it from my bench and not even "da sheng zhao hu" I feel very pissed lo. So I left an angry note at my bench, telling them to go get their own stuff if they want any, and lay their dirty paws off mine.

*These filter papers hard to come by ok? It's your regular round filter paper cut by yours truly into that size on the back of a petri dish [the only glass surface I can find in this stupid lab] using scalpel as the blade and forcep to hold the filter paper. Sibeh susah to cut you know!! That's why I'm so fucking pissed off if someone fucks up the filter papers

~~~

My period is here, and from Saturday night I must have slept at 8pm? Then I woke up at some ghostly hour, most prolly around morning 5/6-ish. Went back to sleep prolly after half and hour or an hour, and woke up at 3 something in the afternoon. This sleepy spell happens to me everytime I'm having my period. Makes me wanna sleep the whole day away. And you know how you always feel lethargic if you sleep for too long? I didn't feel that. In fact felt so blerdy fresh.

Today is a Monday, a public holiday. And I'm here in the lab feeling hungry. Everytime I am in the lab alone with lotsa time to do my work, the nearest cafe is always closed. That's because the time I work is usually night or hols or weekends, when the faculty cafe is closed. And the nearest hostel is kinda sorta far. So malas to go. So now, I'm starving in the lab T_T

It's 7.30pm now, and I've been here since, 4pm? Only 3hours ++. Usually would stay till at least 10pm, but today feel so malas, feel like going back to my room early. Get some food and get working on that Nucleonic assignment.

~~~

Idea of the day: Install Microsoft Office 2007 on lab computer.

3 comments:

sleepy said...

Oh god.. your FYP sounds like a freaking never-ending nightmare. Poor gal.. Have some nice cuppa Milo when u feel sad k? Treat from me. haha.. ;) Jia you k? I wish you all the best and that NO other f'in idiots will come kacau ur stuffs from now on. =D

rojakrojak said...

:D

thanks babe!!!
the milo warms my heart in this cold lab T_T

魔犯生 said...

prepare roti for ursf lah

 
Copyright © TwoSiaoChabos