Friday 23 November 2007

Darurat Telah Tamat.

My darurat duduk bilik study has ended!!!!!!!

I spent the whole night last night studying, trying to figure out and remember at least something from the un-understandable notes our lecturer provided for us. Amidst the inaccurate direct translation from English to Malay and the unfathomable typos, I managed to FINALLY remember something, which is a miracle to say the least.

I never slept, barely surviving on the iced Nescafe I bought at 1am and the burger I devoured before that. I struggled with all my might and finally, 0700 came, and I prepped for my last battle this semester.

When I stepped out of my room, I can't help but feel I left something behind in my room. I checked my bag, and my student ID, my exam slip, and my stationery were all there, so I couldn't have left anything else important behind.

Stepping out of my college, I felt so grumpy, I was practically cursing silently at everything I saw. I thought, the coffee must be wearing off...

Walking halfway towards the exam hall I had this feeling of apprehension, as I had the sudden realisation that I might have left my brain behind. Then I mentally slapped myself awake to stop day-dreaming, and to focus on at least getting to the hall safely.

I reached, and I was kind of sad to see that our course is one of the three that's been left behind on the last day of finals. I reached there early, so I sat down with one of my coursemates to do some last minute reading, desperately attempting to cram any last morsel of information into our saturated brains.

Alas, the moment came for us to gallantly walk into the hall of doom, and to face our final demon. The Radiation Chemistry paper. One of the toughest papers. [A few of our seniors had to retake this paper.] And with heavy hearts, we sat down at our respective seats.

We had about 10minutes before the paper starts, and we have to listen to the fella in front repeat the rules of the exam hall for the umpteenth time. When I was done filling in my attendance slip, I looked down at my question paper and started scribbling

LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!
LAST PAPER!!!

This was how excited I was to have my last paper served out in front of me, for me to slaughter and get it done and over with!

Finally, the briefing was over, and the clock struck 0830.

BEGIN

Flipping over to the first page, I had this inexplicable joy welling up inside of my guts, and when I saw the questions, I was smiling like a retarded monkey, instead of despair [as I usually do].

I couldn't understand all of the questions [this lecturer had the tendency of NOT making people understand] but I didn't mind. I did what I could, and the rest I GORENG-ed it. So, yes, there mee goreng, nasi goreng, ayam goreng, pisang goreng, ikan goreng, and I threw in a bonus of lao gao goreng too, just to throw him off. I never felt so happy in my life before, goreng my thru an exam like this.

I noticed quite a number of my coursemates daydreaming, looking somewhere else but at their exam paper. But I couldn't care less about them, I was having so much fun goreng-ing I kept at it, trying to sound as logical as possible trying to answer what the question asked.

Then, at nearly 0930, one of them was done. Not long after, the second went. It was like the floodgates opened, and my coursemates were leaving the hall, either because this paper was too easy, too tough, or they couldn't wait to have their MERDEKA.

The whole time during the exam, I was half daydreaming, half goreng-ing, and half smiling to myself like a madwoman.

I was trying to hold out and goreng more, but one of my closest coursemates, Prem stood up and went. She NEVER went out earlier than me. And that did it. I scribbled that last of my answers [I was coincidentally almost finished] and stood up even before I have tidied up my stuff. I then hastily organised everything, grabbed my papers and went to submit it in the basket in front of the hall.

Walking down the lane, I couldn't stop smiling. I felt as though I was going to burst!!! The lecturer was sitting in front of the basket, probably perplexed at how his students have finished the exam so quickly when he has made sure it was anything but easy. Anyways, I threw the answer script into the basket, gave my lecturer a silly smile, and stepped out of the hall.

I felt my hands tremble.

I fumbled with the main door. "Push HARDER!!!"

I emerged.

And heard the cheers of my other coursemates waiting outside for the others to come out. And breathe the fresh air of FREEDOM.

Ahhh... Such delightful scent in the air. The scent of bright blue skies with little yellow birds flying around, bringing joy to the world.

I'VE DONE MY TIME. AND NOW, I AM NO LONGER INCARCERATED IN MY OWN ROOM, FORCED TO FEED INFORMATION TO MY BRAIN THAT IT JUST WILL NOT ABSORB.

I have found you, Freedom. Gimme a hug, bebeh!

My bad, the next one baru #200!!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © TwoSiaoChabos